SITE ALLOCATION SA01 - LAND SOUTH OF ERMYN WAY
Points to note if considering commenting on this development
• Highways have said that traffic issues are resolvable but we do need a greater understanding of how this is likely to be achieved if gridlock isn’t to ensue at this already congested junction at the Ermyn Way/A24/Green Lane traffic lights.
• The inclusion of, and improvement to, cycle paths connecting this development to transport & shopping facilities in Leatherhead / Ashtead could be insisted upon as a requirement if development goes ahead.
• Construction traffic is likely to be a problem and careful planning needs to go into this.
Noise and Air Quality
• The site’s position above the motorway means that it will be less affected by noise & air quality issues that exist for sites that run alongside or below major roads, such as the proposed Barnett Wood Lane site.
The loss of Green Belt.
Referenced in the site assessment:
• Potential for archaeological investigations
• Preservation & protection of ancient tree belt and hedgerows