Dear Ashtead Resident
You may not be aware but our community in Ashtead (along with Leatherhead) has been part of a twinning with the town of Triel-sur-Seine since 2004. Triel is a small town on the banks of the River Seine about 30km west of Paris, where we always get a warm welcome and enjoy exploring the area.
Every year we organise an exchange trip to Triel - either we travel to them for a long weekend or we invite them to the Leatherhead area to stay with us in our homes. There is a programme of visits and events planned for these weekends and a dinner dance on the last evening in a wonderful restaurant with a live band.
We still have spaces on the coach and would be delighted if anyone new wanted to join us for this trip - we're a friendly group of about 25 so far on the coach, so plenty of space for more!
We will travel out on Thursday 1 June and return on Sunday 4 June 2017. Accommodation will be with a French host family, most of whom speak very good English, so communication should not be a problem.
The cost of the weekend will be £190 per person (£130 for under 18s) and includes:
• Return coach travel from Leatherhead to Triel by ferry - fully air-conditioned 53-seater coach with toilet facilities
• Lunch in Amiens and a shopping trip to a French supermarket to stock up on cheese and wine
• A guided tour of the 17th century baroque chateau of Vaux-le-Vicomte, a stunning ‘mini-Versailles’ situated SE of Paris
• A trip to the royal town of St-Germain-en-Laye, with stylish shops and a magnificent view of western Paris
• Saturday evening dinner dance with live band at the ‘Coq au Vin’ restaurant on the banks of the Seine
• A stopover in Le Touquet for lunch on the return journey (lunch not included in cost)
We look forward to hearing from you!